Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Today was Rough

No photos to post, just a bit of griping/unloading before bed. I had a crappy day. There, I said it. C-R-A-P-P-Y. Or S-H-I-T-T-Y, would be more appropriate. Crappy just doesn't do it justice. The day started off "ok" for the most part. Nothing out of the ordinary, kids up, ready and out the door for school as my daycare kids showup. Same ole same ole. Most of the morning was ok too. Other than the fact that I have laringitis that has lingered for going on 7 days now, I was hanging in, doing ok. I am generally grumpy, due to the fact that I have not been able to talk above a whisper for 6 days, but hey, I am dealing.

The crap started around 10:30am when JP Morgan called me about my Paypal MasterCard Debit card. To authorize a charge. In the amount of $350. That I didn't make. FRAUD. Well that is just one fine and dandy piece of poo to be delivered on a silver platter to me. I was just about to transfer my paypal balance to my checking account to cover some purchases made this past weekend on my shopping trip with Maia. Well, now the money is gone and will not be recovered for about a week. That sucks for several reasons that I won't get into. Basically, my checks could turn to rubber because of this. Maybe not, but it is possible. I have a few saving graces, but I won't count chickens before they hatch. That ALWAYS gets me in trouble. The good news is, they were able to deny the charge, thus preventing it from ever hitting my checking account at or local bank. I did not have that much in Paypal to cover it. That is good. Card was cancelled, new one reissued, bank notified, etc. Oh, if only the drama ended there...

The rest of the day went OK. At 4:45 one of my mom's showed up to pick up her son, Xavier. He has been with me for a few months. She told me that he would be leaving in two weeks because the daycare her 3 year old son is at had an opening and it would be easier to have the both a one place. No arguement there, but it would have been nice to be told a long time ago he was on a wait list so I could have been prepared. She gave me a two week notice, which is more than most have done in the past. No hard feelings here, Promise. It was just the icing on my cake today. Now, in less than two weeks time, I have lost TWO kids. That is HALF OF MY INCOME PEOPLE!! That SUCKS, no matter which way you slice it! This seems to be a trend with me come October. Never fails. Right in time for the holiday's. Thank God for the In-Laws who are more than willing to help out in the Santa Department. Else, Santa would probably be skipping by our house this year.

So, now i am on a quest to find not one, but TWO replacements to make up the lost income. My little guy, Zander, is leaving to stay with his grandma for free. Can't blame mom for that one at all. I have had him since he was 6 weeks old, so he is like my child. It will be hard to see him go.

Oh well, That's how the cookie crumbles, I suppose. I am going to bed now. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sorry you have had a bad day--hope tomorrow is better! :o)