Monday, August 18, 2008

Feeling the Power

Boy, it has been a long hard few weeks for our church. I have had times when I was angry, hurt, sad, depressed, let down, you name it i have felt it. Yesterday, our Pastor preached his last sermon for FVCC. Afterward we had a suprise luncheon for him and his dear family. It was a good time of friends, food, fellowship and music provided by our awesome praise band, 24/7. They did a few tearjerkers, Michael W. Smith "Pray for Me" and "Friends" which just seemed to fit the situation. We all said our goodbyes. It was hard.

Our Senior Pastor, Don Wilson and his wife, Carol

Don was the driving force behing the forming of the 24/7 Praise Band. Our church had never had anything like this until him. He is a MEAN drum player!! A drum solo was requested. This is him playing his heart out. Just call him "Animal"!!


Today, I was hit with an idea of a new ministry for our church. I didn't know where it came from. It was out of left field for me, but I feel it is something our community needs and something I feel driven to do. We will see. I will elaborate more on this as it unfolds. This evening, I attended my second ever Church board meeting. The board accepted the resignation of our beloved pastor. I was so moved by the presentation that our youth minister gave that I could have cried. He is what we need right now to get us thru this difficult time. When the time is right, we will appoint an interim minister. I am trying to find good in this difficult goodbye.

The 24/7 Praise Band, named by Christy Wilson because "we should praise the Lord 24/7"

Christy Wilson with the future of Fairview Christian Church,
Harrison, Maia, Madeline, and Sara.


I have been trying to figure out why, all of a sudden, this has become so important to me. I have come up with only one thing. This man, our pastor, came into my life to bring me closer to GOD. Like no one before him, he has done things for me spiritually that I could never have imagined. When they talk about being called by God, I can say that I understand that now. I am feeling called by God to take a more active role in our church and to step out of my comfort zone. It is a strange and scary feeling. I think I had to have him leave us to discover this. I don't know if that makes sense or not. This is new territory for me. I am feeling very passionate about this the past 24 hours. I don't know that I would be here without them coming into my life. I don't know where this will lead me but for now, I will roll with it.

I will miss them terribly, but I know that we will meet again one day in Gods Kingdom. Until then, I bid them farewell for now. And I thank God every day that this family was brought into my life.

FVCC youth minister with Sara, Madeline (his daughter) and my beauty, Maia

We love you Wilson Family and we will MISS YOU terribly!!

No comments: