Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What I'm Thankful For

I thought I would post about things to be thankful for since Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. A time to remember and be thankful for what we have, rather than dwell on what we don't have. Since tomorrow is my baby boy's 7th birthday, and that will take center stage, I wanted to do it today. Here goes...

  • My children ~ even though they drive me crazy I am thankful they are healthy and are ABLE to drive me crazy (they are screaming at each other as I type this!!) I have read about far to many children of friends that have passed away in recent months from unspeakable diseases.
  • Harrison's 7th Birthday ~ two of those families just buried their 7 year olds. I NEVER want to experience that pain.
  • My family ~ I am thankful for the help they have been able to provide to us, financially, and by coming over and sitting with my daycare kids for me to be involved in my kids school, as well as go to other appointments.
  • My health ~ It ain't perfect, but I ain't dead!!
  • My home ~ Again, it isn't perfect and it surely has its flaws and tons of stuff to be repaired or replaced, but it isn't a box on a street or under a bridge.
  • Food in the cupboard ~ May not be our first pick of things to eat, but it is more than a lot of people have
  • My meager income ~ While not much, again, it is more than some have. I could be without a job. Or without the health to work a job.
  • My pets ~ they provide me with unconditional love and keep my feet warm at night and are a constant source of entertainment, thus providing much needed laughter on certain days.
  • My car ~ It isn't much, but it gets me from A to B.
  • Sunny Days and Cool Air ~ I am free to bask in the sun and breath the fresh, crisp air anytime I choose too. So many in this world don't know that luxury.
  • Freedom ~ to come and go in this world as I please. Freedom to practice my religion as I choose and where I choose.
  • The teachers that teach my children ~ They have a tough job. I wouldn't want it!

I am sure I could come up with lots of other things on any given day. There is so much to be thankful for in this day and age. When things are going rough (and I have had some rough days lately) it is hard to stay focused on what is right and good. What we DO have, instead of what we DON'T have. I hope everyone has a very Thankful Thanksgiving Holiday!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Great post--happy Thanksgiving!

35 and holding said...

Thanks Girl!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you too!